Through interactive exercises and supportive, encouraging words, Beyond Shyness gives shy people a new chance in the social world.
Almost everyone feels shy or slightly stressed in certain kinds of situations — with new people, on a job interview, or on a first date. Jonathan Berent has helped thousands who suffer from shyness become calm, confident, and socially adept. He shows how even extremely shy people can overcome the low self-esteem and frustration that settle in after years of social disappointments and rejection, and gradually move toward mastery of the situations they find most difficult.
* Learn about treatment for adults, teenagers, and children (with special advice for parents)
* Practice specific goal-setting exercises and new treatment techniques
* Overcome symptoms that block careers, relationships, and personal fulfillment
* Conquer the entire range of problems — from mild shyness to crippling social phobias
* Achieve lasting self-esteem
Through interactive exercises and supportive, encouraging words, Beyond Shyness gives shy people a new chance in the social world, a chance at ease in situations that have long been agonizing. Berent shows how to instill a healing confidence and replace rejection with real self-respect.