Tempted to Give Up? Here’s How to Keep Going
If you browse through the interviews with some of the most successful people on Earth, you’ll find one common piece of advice shared by virtually all of them:
They never give up on their big goals.
Research shows that grit is a better predictor for success than any other factor. The ability to keep going despite setbacks is more important than your IQ, character or other external factors like your upbringing or surroundings.
But what does it really mean to “never give up”? What exactly is grit? How do you persevere when faced with larger than life difficulties? How do you keep going when you’re at the brink of exhaustion and all your hard work hasn’t been rewarded yet?
I wrote this book to explore the subject of persistence from a more scientific point of view than cliché self-help sayings. I want to share with you how exactly to stick to your goals according to peak performers and science – not vague motivational advice that assumes we have unlimited strength once we’re motivated enough.
Here are just a couple of things you will learn from the book:
– A crucial piece of advice you can learn from the first people who reached the South Pole. If you make the wrong choice, you’ll burn out – guaranteed.
– What famous American comic Jerry Seinfeld did in his early days of career to keep going. It’s a simple trick that provides huge results.
– What a study on top musicians, athletes, actors and chess players can teach you about achieving results and persistence. The elite performers practice much fewer hours than you believe.
– Five of the most common ways you lead yourself to self-sabotage. Usually, you’re not even aware of how many of your efforts go for naught simply because of the five things I discuss in this book.
– According to studies, this one trait is strongly associated with grit and persistence. Learn what it is and how to develop it in five different ways.
– Five focusing questions to keep going. Asking yourself these questions will help you boost your motivation when you’re at the brink of giving up.
– How listening to others whining makes a part of your brain shrink and affects your ability to persevere when faced with setbacks.
– Six bestselling authors and bloggers share their best techniques on how to keep going when you want to give up: Stephen Guise (author of “Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results”), Joel Runyon (blogger at ImpossibleHQ.com), Serena Star-Leonard (bestselling author of “How to Retire in 12 Months: Turning Passion into Profit”) Derek Doepker (bestselling author of “Why You’re Stuck”), Michal Stawicki (bestselling author of “Trickle-Down Mindset: The Missing Element In Your Personal Success”), and Hung Pham (bestselling author of “Break Through: 12 Powerful Steps to Destroy Your Mental Barriers and Achieve Success”).
There’s no reason why you should give up if you’re working on the right goal. Learn how to make sure you’ll reach your objectives. Scroll up and buy the book now.
For more free resources, sign up for my self-improvement newsletter: