Do your connections with friends, family, or romantic partners leave you feeling empty, dissatisfied, or out of sync? What you may be missing is the close bond that’s only experienced with people who make us feel secure and valuedthe experience of feeling loved.
Feeling Loved reframes the way we view love and connection and provides a new roadmap for getting the love we need. The book begins with a description of what we unwittingly do that hijacks our ability to feel loved and goes on to offer powerful researched-based tools to transform your relationships.
A clinical psychologist of more than thirty years and cofounder of Helpguide.org, author Jeanne Segal, PhD, is a pioneer in the psychology of connection. Her engaging and practical approach guides readers in developing new ways of thinking, feeling, and acting in order to make life-altering social and emotional changes.
In Feeling Loved, you will learn how to:
– Grasp the difference between being loved and feeling loved
– Identify the challenges that keep you from experiencing love and making others feel loved
– Use proven techniques to reduce stress and regulate out-of-control emotions
– Develop new ways of thinking, feeling, and acting to create emotional connections
– Transform your relationships with everyone in your life, from family and friends to coworkers
Segal makes new inroads into the science of relationships and explores the transformative power of nonverbal, face-to-face exchanges. Filled with inspirational, real-life stories, Feeling Loved provides a blueprint for getting the love and happiness we need.