This interactive book contains both Parts 1 and 2 (six chapters total) of the Neurosurgical Decision Making Course.
The entire 79 minutes of audio for both parts of this series is included at the beginning of this book. Subject-specific audio is also included below each of the 2 40+ slides or illustrations, or sets of slides and illustrations, in the case of Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
The Core Objectives for this course are:
1. Review essential neurological exam techniques
2. Review practical clinical neuroanatomy
3. Accurately interpret head CT examinations
4. Decisively determine treatment strategies using examination and radiological information
5. Accurately place and use an ICP monitor, and
6. Adhere to theatre clinical pathway guidelines
The following is the course breakdown by chapter:
2. The Essential Neurological Examination
3. Interpretation of the Non-Contrast Head CT
4. Abnormal CT Findings and Neurosurgical Decision Making
5. Intracranial Pressure Monitoring, and
6. Neurosurgical Clinical Pathway Guidelines